Tour Down Under – Join the 2017 tour
Your chance to experience Australia’s premier cycling race held in Adelaide and regional South Australia.
The race is just the start at the Santos Tour Down Under. Join in the 2017 action and experience the festivities that comprise the famous Tour Down Under.
- Watch the race start in Stirling, in the Adelaide Hills
- Visit the Adelaide Markets
- Option to tackle the hills and ride the race course including the famous Corkscrew
- Enjoy the atmosphere of the Tour Village
- Ride to Glenelg Beach for the race start
- Opportunity to tackle a stage of the Tour Down Under from 15km to 150km
- Soak up the atmosphere of watching the tour from Willunga Hill
- Each afternoon the group will have the option to meet for drinks and a daily debrief at the famous Tour Village to take in the tour atmosphere before enjoying some of Adelaide’s best restaurants
- Option to join in pre-departure rides with the Host
- Return economy flights from Mackay, Rockhamton or Brisbane to Adelaide with Qantas, with the option to upgrade (other departure ports available)
- 5 nights accommodation at Mantra Hindmarsh Square
- Return Airport Transfers
- Well researched daily cycling options with a clear route overview outlining distance, climbing, stops and short cuts
- Corry Cycles cycling kit
- Professional packing of your bike and help with assembly
- Services of an experienced tour host
Tue 17 January 2017 – HOME PORT OR BRISBANE – ADELAIDE
North Queensland travellers will meet our hosts at either the Mackay Airport or the Rockhampton Airport for our flights to Adelaide, via Brisbane. Upon arrival into Brisbane we will meet our fellow travellers picking up the journey in Brisbane, for our flight to Adelaide. On arrival we will be transferred by coach to our hotel. After check in we will assemble our bikes and go for a short afternoon ride to check and tune ensuring everything is running smoothly. This evening will be at your leisure.
Wed 18 January 2017 – ADELAIDE
Today we venture on the bikes into the famous Adelaide hills to watch the race start in Stirling over a picnic lunch, purchased at the Adelaide Markets a few hours prior. Then you can choose to either relax in Stirling and watch the race come past 5 times, or tackle the hills and ride the race course (including the famous “Corkscrew”) either way you will enjoy a easy downhill ride back into the CBD to enjoy the Tour Village.
Thu 19 January 2017 – ADELAIDE
Easy Day! ride with us to the famous Glenelg Beach to soak up the TDU race start atmosphere then join Evan on a Beaches ride before returning to the CBD to do as you choose for the afternoon.
Fri 20 January 2017 – ADELAIDE
Today We will be tackling an actual stage of the 2017 TDU. Choose your distance from as little as 15km up to the full 150km. The finish line this year is close to Adelaide so we will have the pleasure of a small downhill ride back to the CBD before celebrating our achievements.
Sat 21 January 2017 – ADELAIDE
Either ride or drive out to the famous Willunga hill and soak up the best atmosphere of the whole week. Join the locals in a pub and watch the race on T.V while sipping a cold one or brave the hill and cheer on the peloton.
Sun 22 January 2017 – ADELAIDE – BRISBANE OR HOMEPORT
This morning will be at leisure before making our way to the airport after lunch. Here we will say our goodbyes. Our Hosts will travel to Mackay or Rockhampton, via Brisbane with our North Queensland travellers.
- Each afternoon the group will have the option to meet for drinks and a daily debrief at the famous Tour Village to take in the tour atmosphere before then enjoying some of Adelaide’s best restaurants
- The group is limited to a maximum of 14 riders
- Options available for non-riders
- Closer to the departure time we will provide sample kit for sizing and will host a number of optional pre departure rides
Hosted by Evan Corry (Mackay) & David Edge (Rockhampton)
We would love you to join us to explore Adelaide during the 2017 Tour Down Under! Numbers are limited, so don’t delay, book your spot today! Hope to see you in Adelaide.